Lavoropiù Everywhere, the division of Lavoropiù specialized in the recruitment of international professionals, on behalf of a multi-site life sciences company leader in analytical testing services, is looking for an:
APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
with experience in supporting the Empower applications and capable to identify, diagnose and resolve application related problems as well as develop documentation on the general use of the application.
Roles & Responsibilities
Prior experience in providing on-site and remote support for the Empower application (multi-sites). Preferably, also their NuGenesis (Power of Two) solution.
– Work with the Data Center teams for all the infrastructure needs of the application and resolve failures that affect application uptime.
– Escalate P1 to P3 issues that cannot be resolved in-house to the vendor and follow up until a resolution is found.
– Part take in incident, change and problem management among other ITIL services.
– Develop documentation for the IT support staff in relation to the installation of the application and its components, its diagnoses and put together a knowledge base of common issues and their fixes.
– Provide application performance related reports to Management as and when required.
– Perform new application installation and support during the Project Implementation phase as required.
– Research and test software systems prior to installation to ensure compatibility with existing ones.
– Provide technical consultation and guidance to the lab staff and IT team members.
– Address external audit findings to ensure GxP compliance.
– Learn and develop proficiency in the use of all internal IT systems.
– Part take in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and related exercices.
– Part take in system validation exercises.
– Diploma or Associates Degree in Computer Science
– Minimum 4 years of IT Application Support experience.
– Strong understanding of the Empower application and its workflow (applications without this skill will not be taken in consideration)
– Prior experience in Application Support.
– An analytical and troubleshooting mindset to resolve application issues.
– Willing to work during non-Business hours to resolve critical issues and / or undertake application upgrades.
– Support applications in a Windows environment.
Nice to have:
– Working knowledge of Labguard and NuGenesis.
– System Validation experience.
– Ability to write scripts.
– Multilingual abilities to work across our European Laboratories.
– Good communication skills (oral and written)
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Ability to work in a complex international environment.
– Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
The contract and salary expectations will be discussed in a further step of the selection process and will take into consideration the candidate’s expertise.
Are you interested in this position? Please proceed with your application here or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the subject: APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST (RF.0105.AS)
Place: Hamburg, Germany